Sunday, January 18, 2015

Greetings!

Hello,
     I have recently found out that my mother has started a blog,  http://whithersoeverthougoest.apps-1and1.com/, and I was kind of confused, considering my exposure to blogs has been quite limited, consisting only of the knowledge I had acquired after in BBC's Sherlock, John Watson documented Sherlock Holmes' cases, after his therapist encouraged John to start one to cope with PTSD.
    I have a feeling that my entries will not be nearly as impressive, but I feel like could contribute, adding on to my mother's entries, because i will have a different experience from my Mom, as I will be attending public school there, where I will be more immersed in the language and culture of Norway.
    At this point, we have five days remaining to get everything done before departure. We are almost all packed, but my mother has a whole 'to do list' to complete before we leave. For added complexity, this is my first finals week of my high school experience.
    My plan for this blog is to write maybe once a week, depending on the complexity of life in Norway. I am praying for some good opportunities to make friends there. It does help that i will be coming in mid-term, so the Norwegians could recognize me as someone new or the new 'American', but I don't know if that will be a good thing or a bad thing, considering our reputation.
    Overall, I am super exited to go to Norway and experience something new.
A world traveler,
Anya 

No comments:

Post a Comment